Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scare Up Some Fun



This tutorial assumes you have working knowledge of Paint Shop Pro.
This tutorial was created by Nette on 10/24/2010 and any similarity
to any other tutorial is purely coincidential.

I have used the outstanding artwork of Suzanne Woolcott.  You need a license to use Suzanne's artwork, and you can find that information here.
Please do not copy my tutorials to anyplace.  Instead, please provide link back to my blog!

Supplies
Tube of Choice - I used ©SuzanneWoolcott 
Font of Choice - I used Curlz MT for name and CatseyeMedium for words on tag
Gemsmasks-145 here
“Vamp It Up” is a PTU tagger size scrap kit created by Nette of Nette’s NightOwl Works and can be purchased from her stores (blinkies on right linked). You can visit her blog here.
Graphic Program of Choice - I used PSPX2

Okay, here we go


Open any elements of the kit you would like to use.  I used the following:
nnwvampmoon1, nnwvamptag7, nnwvamptree, nnwvampweb1, nnwvampbat2, nnwvampfeather2, and nnwvampfuzz

Open the mask and minimize it in PSP.

Open the paper you would like to use.  (I'll be using nnwvamppaper14.)  Shift + D to duplicate and close out the original.  If you want a black/dark background on your tag, open the paper you want to use (if you prefer to use a paper rather than a colored layer.  I am using nnwvamppaper8).  Shift + D, minimize for later use and close original.

If you would like to change the color of the paper to match your specific tube, now's the time for that.  I changed my paper using manual color correction.  I first went Image > Greyscale > Increase color depth > RGB - 16 bits channel and then used manual color correction.  Mine is a button on my toolbar, but should be found usually somewhere under adjust. 


(Click pictures for full-size view)


Go to Layers > New Mask Layer > From Image and pick gemsmasks-145 out of the source dropdown box and click ok.

Over in the layers palette - I delete the mask layer and then merge the group.  This is now your working canvas.



Shift + S to resize the paper to 600 x 600.  Make sure Resize all layers is checked.

Open nnwvampweb1 and resize to 80% of original.  Change color to match tube, if necessary.  Copy and paste as new layer into working canvas (or click and drag).

Open nnwvampmoon1 and resize to 60%, copy and paste as new layer into working canvas and mirror.  Position as you like.

Apply drop shadow of choice.




Open nnwvamptree, mirror and resize to 60%, copy and paste into working canvas.  Position as you like.

Apply drop shadow of choice.  

Open nnwvamptag7, resize to 30%, copy and paste into working canvas.  Position as you like.  I also erased some of the trailing stitch line for my purposes, mirrored and flipped to get to a position I liked.  

Apply drop shadow of choice. 

Open nnwvampbat2, resize to 10%, copy and paste into working canvas and position as you like.  Apply drop shadow of choice.

Open nnwvampfeather2, resize to 40%, flip and recolor, if necessary.  Copy and paste into working canvas and position as you like.  Apply drop shadow of choice.  

Open nnwvampfuzz, resize to 10%, recolor (if necessary), copy and paste into working canvas, position and apply drop shadow.

Insert tube of your choice, resize and apply drop shadow, as necessary.

If you're using a dark background, apply now.  Either open new raster layer and fill with dark color of your choice, or open paper minimized in workspace, resize to 600 x 600 and copy and paste into working canvas and send to bottom of layers.

Apply necessary copyright information and any wording you would like onto the tags.  

I used Scare Up Some Fun, resized as necessary.  I then used select all, float, defloat, expand by 2, new raster layer, moved that layer underneath the wording, closed off the wording layer and colored the new raster layer selection as appropriate.  Then just open up the wording layer again.

For the name, I used the same technique, just a different font.  I used CurlzMT and resized and positioned as desired.  

Resize entire tag (make sure 'resize all layers' is checked) to desired size and save as png with no background, or if using dark background, save as jpg.  

 Thanks for trying my tutorial.  I hope you have enjoyed it.  I would love to see and post any finished results.  

Hugs
Nette 



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment